Teams of CDO-TBL and a column of 16 AR on Saturday arrested seven PLA Cadres along with a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
On receiving an intelligence report from the 4th AR that some cadres of the banned PLA are planning explosive devices at government installations and target the securities, teams of CDO - Thoubal and a column of 16 AR immediately rushed towards Yairipok Bazaar. The teams cordoned off the region and conducted a search operation the whole day long to trace the explosive devices' location at various locations in Thoubal, Imphal East, Imphal West, and Kakching Districts.
The teams arrested seven PLA cadres during the operation. The arrested cadres have been identified as,
1. Chingakham Basanta Singh (38 yrs) @ Khambaton s/o Ch. Ningthembi Singh of Andro Khuman Nungyumbi,
2. Moirangthem Jitesh (22 yrs) s/o Moirangthem Sanjit of Kakching Nongthou Leikai,
3. Konjengbam Romeo (28 yrs) s/o Konjengbam Raghu Singh of Moirang Kanjengbam Maning Leikai, a/p Awang Sekmai Koujengleima,
4. Phanjoubam Rabi @ Luwangamba (26 yrs) s/o P. Kula Singh of Andro Labaojam Ching Leikai,
5. Salam Mangijao (55 yrs) s/o (L) Salam Tombi Singh of Kakching Wairi Salam Leikai,
6. Naorem Manoj (23 yrs) s/o Naorem Nobin Singh of Luker Mayai Leikai, Imphal West,
7. Samurailatpam Akash @ Muston Sharma (19 yrs) s/o S. Rajeswor Sharma of Kakching Wairi Saban Bamon Leikai,
The teams also recovered 1(One) Smith and Wesson 9 mm pistol with magazine, 1(One) Beretta 9 mm pistol with magazine, 35 (Thirty-five) live rounds of 9 mm ammunition and 2(Two) hand grenades
In this connection, a child in conflict of law has also been registered by the team and handed over under the charge of the designated child welfare police officer of Yairipok PS.
Further, during the inquiry, it revealed that under the instructions of S/S Lt. Colonel Rishikanta of the PLA, they have been targeting non-local people in all the valley districts and are involved in committing the following recent crimes:
1. Killing of one non-local at Kakching on 23rd June 2022.
2. Killing of one non-local at Andro Huikap, Imphal East on 8th July 2022.
Later, the arrested cadres and seized items have been handed over to Yairipok PS, and after observing due formalities, a case has also been registered at Yairipok PS.
Additional SP (Ops) O. Wangkhomba led the teams during the operation. He was assisted by Inspector N. Sadananda OC- CDO TBL under the supervision of Jogeshchandra Haobijam, SP Thoubal.