The Northeast Students’ Organisation (NESO) has organised a series of protest in all the capital of Northeast states against various issues.
NESO's charter of demands given below must be made immediately: -
1) Influx problem
- Implement ILP to the entire NE region
- Update NRC, 1951
2) Repeal AFSPA, 1958
3) Repeal CAA
4) Implement Assam Accord immediately.
5) Solve the inter state boundary as well as International border issues immediately.
6) Educational policy related to NE region
- Adopt an educational policy for NE region based on cultural and history of NE region.
- Establish more universities, technical and vocational institutes, medical and engineering colleges, Research centres. Introduce more courses to our colleges and universities.
7) Economic development
- Formulate a comprehensive policy for Economic development of NE region.
- The administrative centre of Act East Policy must be establish in the NE region itself.
8) Unemployment problem
- Solve the unemployment problem immediately.
- Declare NE special employment Zone. All the grade III & IV of central offices must be reserved for NE people cent percent.
9) Special constitutional status
- Provide special constitutional status for NE people with rights over land and natural resources.
10) Separate time zone
- Demands for a separate time zone for NE region.
11) Refugee problem
- Govt should solve the refugee issue of Chakma and Hajong of Arunachal Pradesh and immediately.
12) Demand the Government of India to look into the issue of people from Myanmar crossing over to NE to escape persecution like provision of food and shelter and other welfare amenities till the situation improves so that they can return back.